Server IP address not being remembered

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Stinky

Server IP address not being remembered

Post by Stinky »

Running version 1.7.0.9

Everytime I start Ascendis Caller ID, the IP address for the server I am using reverts to 192.168.0.1

If I change the IP address to the correct one (192.168.12.1) and then exit, up on restarting the IP address reverts to 192.168.0.1 again ....
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Server IP address not being remembered

Post by Bill Root »

Sorry about this! The problem is fixed in the latest beta, 1.7.0.10. I also added some code to detect duplicated setting names, so this shouldn't happen again.

You will have to specify the server IP address one more time, then it should stick.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Running 1.7.0.10

:oops:

Hey Bill, I dont think the "lost server IP address" problem has been fixed in 1.7.0.10. Upon restarting, the IP address resets to the default of 192.168.0.1 ... still
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hmm... I can't duplicate the problem in 1.7.0.10. Maybe I found and fixed another problem, or only part of the problem. Are we talking about the "Server address" drop down list box on the "Server" sub-page of the Advanced "Network" page of the Options window? If so, I guess I better stick another network card in a machine so I can test this better.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Bill, I sent you by email a screen capture movie. Hopefully this will give you enough information to track down the problem. Let me know if you need more ... and I only have one network card. Caller ID is running as a client with a real time connection to the server. It is the client application that fails to remember the IP address.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

The movie showed me that I was looking in the wrong place... :oops: I found the problem (which was introduced in a recent beta) and fixed it. You can get the fix in beta version 1.7.0.11, accessible from the beta page:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php

Thanks for the help tracking this down!
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Problem confirmed fixed with 1.7.0.11

A movie is worth a thousand words! or something like that.