Trial Version stops working!!

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
sollie

Post by sollie »

Hi
I have the trial version of CallerID, which so far I am very impressed with. (Here?s the but) The program works perfectly for 3 or 4 calls (number noted, Db entry confirmed etc) then it stops responding until I reboot the computer.
Is this a feature of the trial version which I have not read about?
I would like to register the program but I am concerned about this possible fault.
Any advice would be warmly welcomed.

Ta Les
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Trial Version stops working!!

Post by Bill Root »

Hello,

The problem you're seeing is not part of the trial version. I don't know what the problem is, but I have three suggestions that may fix the problem or provide the information we need to fix it.

1) Open the Options window (View -> Options), click the Devices tab, and remove the checkmark next to all devices except your modem. (If only one device was checked then this is not the problem.) Click OK to close the window and save your changes. Restart Ascendis Caller ID, and see whether the problem recurs.

2) Send us a Technical Support Report, and I'll have a look. Select Help -> Technical Support Report to see the report. Click the "Copy" button. Then go to our support form:
http://www.ascendis.com/callerid/support_form.php

Be sure to fill in your email address and add a subject, then paste the report into the "Detailed problem description" field, and click "Submit".

3) Try the latest beta version. Download and install it from here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.EXE

This version will bring up a special window if an error occurs or the program freezes. If you see the window, mail the error report using the Mail button. This is usually enough information for us to fix or diagnose the problem.

If we can't resolve the problem from this, we should at least know how to proceed.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
sollie

Post by sollie »

Hi Bill

Thank you for your help. I'm happy to say the program is now working perfectly and I have registered. :D

best regards

les