Auto Minimise Problem

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Stinky

Auto Minimise Problem

Post by Stinky »

Running 1.7.0.3

Problem ...
Phone rings, Acendis Caller ID opens its window, then because the incoming number is a new number, I right click on the name and select "Add to callers", during this operation the window auto-minimised leaving Acendis Caller ID in a wierd state. Just the title bar was being diaplayed. Had to shut down by right clicking tray icon and selecting exit and then starting Acendis caller ID again.

Notification Settings ...
Run in Tray
Bring main window to top when phone rings
Automatically minimise after 20 seconds.
Stop screen saver when phone rings
Wake up monitor when phone rings.
(no other options enabled)

Suggestion ...
Auto-minmise is cancelled if user interacts in any way.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Auto Minimise Problem Fixed

Post by Bill Root »

I apologize for this problem. I thought this had been taken care of but it was a very similar, yet distinct case. I just uploaded a new beta version that fixes this and some related problems.

Note that the fix prevents auto-minimize when a modal window is open, not the more general case of whenever the user has interacted with Ascendis Caller ID. I thought users might intentionally or unintentionally click on something yet still want the window to auto-minimize. If you disagree, maybe we can come up with a list of specific actions that should prevent auto-minimize (perhaps clicking a menu, for example).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software