Blank entries...

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
BlackRabbit

Blank entries...

Post by BlackRabbit »

Hey,

Ok, see if I can get anyone to tell me how to fix this..

I have Caller ID installed and its all running nice.. well, not all. It tells me when some in my DB is calling, if not it says the full number.

The problem I?m having is that every time I make a call or answer a call it starts to put blank entries into the DB. No name or number just a time stamp and a few rings.

Its really annoying me now, please help..

BR ;)
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Blank entries...

Post by Bill Root »

BlackRabbit wrote:The problem I'm having is that every time I make a call or answer a call it starts to put blank entries into the DB. No name or number just a time stamp and a few rings.
BlackRabbit,

Have you tried the latest beta version? If not, could you? You can download the installer here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

If that doesn't make a difference, wait until the problem occurs a couple of times and then send a Technical Support Report (Help -> Technical Support Report) to support at ascendis dot com and I'll try to see what's going on.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Last edited by Bill Root on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

Bill Root wrote: BlackRabbit,

Have you tried the latest beta version? If not, could you? You can download the installer here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

If that doesn't make a difference, wait until the problem occurs a couple of times and then send a Technical Support Report (Help -> Technical Support Report) to support at ascendis dot com and I'll try to see what's going on.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Bill,

Thanks for the reply :)

I've already installed the latest beta release, hoping that it would fix my problem. Its doesn't place blank entries now, it does still place an entry but because I've recently installed the newest beta it places a "No Caller Information" in the name box. It also speaks this as well, most annoying when ya having a natter to someone..

I'll file a TSR to you at the address above... I've probably done something real stupid.. *Paws crossed (rabbits don't have fingers)

Thanks again

BR ;)
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Did you get my email reply on May 10?
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

Bill Root wrote:Did you get my email reply on May 10?
Sorry Bill..

Yeah I got it... Been busy with PHP scripts and tpl's

Ok, I don't have distinctive rings, country set is fine. I disabled the "No Caller Information" voice alert as not to drive me around the bend.

I enable error-reporting service and C-ID keeps falling over and Xp halts the system to bring up its icky "Do you want to send a report" box. So, I turned it back off again. I have also recently add a pair of speakers (sound was already running before) and I get a "Donk donk" noise now from the server every so often, no visible reason why it should be doing it. It stops soon as I exit C-ID. So, I guess, the program is erroring some where but not crasahing out fully.

HELP!!

BR ;) (aka Rick)
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

I didn't mean to rush you -- I just wanted to make sure you weren't waiting on me! :D
BlackRabbit wrote: Ok, I don't have distinctive rings, country set is fine. I disabled the "No Caller Information" voice alert as not to drive me around the bend.

I enable error-reporting service and C-ID keeps falling over and Xp halts the system to bring up its icky "Do you want to send a report" box. So, I turned it back off again.
Gack! This sounds bad. Does it say that Ascendis Caller ID is causing the problem? And apparently you're not seeing the Ascendis Caller ID error reporting window?
BlackRabbit wrote: I have also recently add a pair of speakers (sound was already running before) and I get a "Donk donk" noise now from the server every so often, no visible reason why it should be doing it. It stops soon as I exit C-ID. So, I guess, the program is erroring some where but not crasahing out fully.
This is probably caused by a setting in the Speech options. Go to the Options window, Speech page, and turn off "Preload speech support". It causes Ascendis Caller ID to speak a space every so often to make sure the speech engine is loaded when needed. It's completely non-critical and is designed only to improve performance on older machines.

In reference to the original problem, where Ascendis Caller ID registers outgoing calls, I found another reference to confirm my conclusion that the modem is the problem:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=tapi+ ... com&rnum=2

In brief:
Make your outgoing call. If you see a 'RING' in your Hyperterminal screen then you've just discovered the problem. You see, if TAPI or the COM port sends a RING to Winfax Pro while it is in auto-receive mode, Winfax Pro sends an ATA (answer command) to the same (TAPI or COMx) port.

If the test in Hyperterminal reveals this is what is happening, then you have a problem with the modem's installation within Windows itself - either a hardware conflict, software conflict, incorrect/damaged drivers, or damaged COM layer in the OS itself.
Based on this information and the TSR you sent, it looks like Ascendis Caller ID can't do anything to fix the outgoing call problem, since your modem is reporting "RING" when it's not supposed to.

But, I'm very interested in resolving the "Do you want to send a report" issue. Would you be able to send a screen capture to support at ascendis dot com?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software