Control - C

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
rlmentz

Control - C

Post by rlmentz »

Hello, I have noticed that version 1.9.1.0 allows you to hit Control-C to copy the phone number to the clipboard from the caller popup. However, in the new 2.0.2.0 version, it does not work. Was this feature dropped or do I have to enable something in the options section?

Thanks
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Control - C

Post by Bill Root »

Hi rlmentz,

Could you please clarify which window you mean by "caller popup"? Ascendis Caller ID can show the main window, or a small or large window, when a call is detected.

We did not drop the Control-C copy feature (on the main window), but it may now behave differently in some situations, which we can probably change.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
rlmentz

Post by rlmentz »

Hello,
It does indeed still work on the main window on the older version. The window im refering to is the small window that will pop up. The setting in the options panel is "Open seperate call display window for each call". In the older version I am able to press control-c and it will copy the phone number to the clipboard, but the new 2.0.2.0 version does not seem to do that.

Thanks for the quick response.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Control - C

Post by Bill Root »

rlmentz,

You were right, CONTROL+C was not working properly in the notification windows.

I just uploaded a new beta version with proper support for CONTROL+C in the notification windows (large and small), as well as improved support for it in the main window.

You can download the latest beta version from:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software