Cannot Ignore Digits with Filters

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID 2 BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
guido

Cannot Ignore Digits with Filters

Post by guido »

One of the main features I like about ver 2 is the ability to capture outgoing call with Whozz Calling Devices. I have an issue where I need to dial a *82 to reveal my caller ID to the person I'm calling. When doing so, my Whozz Calling device creates a raw number starting with an 82, e.g., 8212125551212.

I could like to format this in my call log as (212) 555-1212, however, there appears to be no special characters defined to ignore characters. The special characters are C=country code digit, A=area code digit, X=exchange digit, N=number digit. It would be nice to have a special code to Ignore digit.

Does anybody know a workaround for this?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Ignore Digits with Filters

Post by Bill Root »

Hi guido,

Maybe someone else will have a workaround. I added this to the requested feature list.

You may already know this, but you can add rules to at least make the phone number display in a reasonable manner even though the "82" will still be visible. For example:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<FormatRuleList Type="TPhoneNoFormatRuleList">
  <FormatRule Type="TPhoneNoFormatRule" Active="True" Name="Not Private US Long Distance" Format="MMC &#40;AAA&#41; XXX-NNNN">
    <Conditions Type="TConditionalList">
      <Condition Type="TConditional" LeftOperand="Length" Operator="opEqual" RightOperand="13" Conjunction="conAnd"/>
      <Condition Type="TConditional" LeftOperand="Number" Operator="opStartsWith" RightOperand="82" Conjunction="conAnd"/>
    </Conditions>
  </FormatRule>
</FormatRuleList>
(You can use this by pasting the above into a text file named with a PNF extension, and then importing it into the "Formats" page of the Options window.)

You can see that I used 'M' for the unwanted digits (Format="MMC (AAA) XXX-NNNN"). They will still appear, but at least it won't affect detection of the useful parts (country, area code, etc.)

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software