Volume Control

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
AReed

Volume Control

Post by AReed »

I see under options you can lower the sound volume during specfic times. Is there a way of over riding this feature on certain callers. Certain numbers I want to make sure I hear them calling regardless of time. Even increase the volume when they call so I can hear it over the TV if possible.

I figure it would be an advance action, but I don't quite understand how to do it.

Thanks
Areed
Bill Root
Site Admin

RE: Volume Control

Post by Bill Root »

Hello AReed,

This was not possible until version 2.0.1.8, which I just uploaded. To do this you will first have to download and install the current beta version:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

Once installed, you will probably want to create a new action for these specific callers. Name it "Important Caller" or something else that helps you distinguish it. Set the Action Type to "Advanced" and enter your script in the big box. It might look like this:

Code: Select all

// LANGUAGE = DWS

Volume(65535);
Speak('Call from ' + CallInfo.Name);
The above script sets the volume to the maximum, and announces the caller. You will only want to use it on the specific callers you want to be told about regardless of the volume setting in the Options window.

Does that do what you wanted?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
AReed

Post by AReed »

I D/L the beta and tried to install it, but ran into issues. It runs my system resources up 100% and never installs anything. I have tried installing it with Ascendis Caller ID running and not running, always the same results. Is this because am using the trial version?

Under options sound, even if I click a specific a time it doesn't adjust the volume. I have rebooted and still the same volume, Is this because am using the trial version?

Areed
Bill Root
Site Admin

RE: Volume Control

Post by Bill Root »

It runs my system resources up 100% and never installs anything.
If the installer never showed a window, then I suggest downloading it again. Even if a window was shown but the installer never completed, try downloading it again. If that doesn't help, try restarting your computer. (I performed several test downloads and installs and the installer on the web site is correct.)
Is this because am using the trial version?
No, the trial version functions like the registered version.
Under options sound, even if I click a specific a time it doesn't adjust the volume. I have rebooted and still the same volume
If you enabled "Use this volume during the the specified time" on the Sound page of the Options window, make sure the "From" and "To" times include the current time, for testing purposes. This feature works, even in the trial version (as do all other features).

Note that this will adjust the volume only when performing the Sound and Speak command within Ascendis Caller ID.

If you're using the "Volume" command described above, note that it will override this setting, as described in the help.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software