Number format

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
nacogdoches

Number format

Post by nacogdoches »

I think I may have screwed up Caller ID's format option (Options: Format Tab). I received a call whose raw number (from the modem log) was 1nnnmmmxxxx and it was stored in Caller ID as (1nn) nmm-mxxx. I had all three of the default format choices enabled but I think I have rearranged the order they appear in. The order must matter, and if it does, what is the correct order? Once I get that fixed, can I do something to the stored call to get its number to display correctly? I promise not to tamper with this until I know what I'm doing. :oops:

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Houston
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Number format

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Bob,

This is not a big problem and we should be able to correct it easily.

I suspect more than the order has been changed, because the default formats only work if the length matches. In any case, the easiest solution is:
1) Open the Options window in Ascendis Caller ID
2) Click the Formats tab
3) Delete all the existing formats by clicking the "Delete" button until they're all gone
4) Click the Import button
5) Locate and select "United States.pnf" in the Ascendis Caller ID program folder
6) Click OK to save the changes and close the Options window
7) Select "Repair Database" on the File menu
8) Answer Yes to the confirmation

Ascendis Caller ID will restart and recompute the phone number display values for existing calls. This should resolve the issue. It's possible you may have to restart Ascendis Caller ID or repair a second time to correct the display numbers in the Calls list. If you still have any problems, please let me know.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
nacogdoches

Re: Number format

Post by nacogdoches »

Bill Root wrote:Hi Bob,

This is not a big problem and we should be able to correct it easily.
If you still have any problems, please let me know.
Thanks, Bill; that fixed the problem. :D
Bob
Houston