Duplicate entries

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
pwelch

Duplicate entries

Post by pwelch »

I have a whozzcalling 2 device and I just downloaded and installed the callerID software on a windows XP machine a few days ago. Everything seems to be working perfectly, but I have noticed something interesting: each call is entered twice in the log. I thought initially it was the webserver, since that is the primary way I am accessing it, but the program shows the same thing.

I looked through the FAQ and the forums, but did not find any similar description. Has this come up before?

Pat Welch
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate entries

Post by Bill Root »

Hello Pat,

Do both copies of the call appear in the Calls list at the same time?

One user had two copies appearing, but they came in on different lines. If you enable the "Line" column in the Calls list this will be easy to see. (In the Options window, General page, enable "Show 'Line' column in Call list".) In this case the customer had a wiring problem so that one phone line was being passed on two wire pairs within the same phone cable.

If this is not the problem, please send a Technical Support Report (on the Help menu) and we'll see what's happening.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software