CallerID hanging on Voice setting

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
BlackRabbit

CallerID hanging on Voice setting

Post by BlackRabbit »

Hi Bill...

Been a while since I've asked for your help, but this one has me stumped..

I've been using callerID for ages now and also been using M$ Sam as the voice.. I decided to buy a Cepstral Voice and settled with Lawrence.

I downloaded the MSi and installed. I ran Swift Talker and registered the voice. I then restarted CID and brought up the options page, click onto the Speech tab. Using the pulldown I was happy to see Laurence, I selected Laurence and clicked the sample play button..... At this point CID hangs, nothing happens at all it just sits there and I have to eventually force end the app. Same if I click ok... very strange...

Its working in Swift Talker, so i know I have the right api running..
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: CallerID hanging on Voice setting

Post by Bill Root »

Hi BlackRabbit,

I tested the latest Cepstral Lawrence with Ascendis Caller ID on three machines and it worked on two -- one Windows XP Pro and one Windows 2000 Pro. I'm trying to contact Cepstral to figure out what's happening on the the third, which reported error 80070057 ("parameter is incorrect").

Cepstral SwiftTalker works on the machine reporting the error. Another product (not ours) reports the same error as Ascendis Caller ID.

Which version of Windows and which version of Ascendis Caller ID are you using? That should help us track this down.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

Hey there....

Using XP Pro SP2 and ACID 1.9.1.0....

BR ;)
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hi BR,

I haven't heard back from Cepstral yet. It's possible a previous voice or SAPI installation or perhaps a registry hiccup broke one of your voices. I made some changes to make Ascendis Caller ID more resistant to voice problems. The new version is not yet ready for wide distribution so I'm sending you a separate private message with a download link. If the new version does not fix the problem, please try one or both of the following:

- uninstall all Cepstral voices, reboot, and reinstall
- start SwiftTalker before Ascendis Caller ID speaks anything

If that doesn't help, let me know and I may have you send a debug log.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hi BR,

After some discussions with Cepstral I seem to have cleared up the problems I had with Lawrence on one (of three) machines. I had mixed versions installed, as I had installed over 10 Cepstral voices over a period of time. If running the new version of Ascendis Caller ID didn't fix Lawrence for you, I can offer suggestions.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

Bill Root wrote:Hi BR,

After some discussions with Cepstral I seem to have cleared up the problems I had with Lawrence on one (of three) machines. I had mixed versions installed, as I had installed over 10 Cepstral voices over a period of time. If running the new version of Ascendis Caller ID didn't fix Lawrence for you, I can offer suggestions.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Its a brand new install of XP PRO... along with new installs of ACID and Cepstral voice... :(
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

BlackRabbit wrote:Its a brand new install of XP PRO... along with new installs of ACID and Cepstral voice... :(
Did the new ACID make a difference?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software