Sort Callers By name

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Frostye

Sort Callers By name

Post by Frostye »

In the Callers Tab, my version only sorts callers by phone number. If I am getting mutliple calls from a single client or for that matter a harrassing solicitor I would like to be able to sort these calls by name and have a way of highlighting only the calls I want to and then print them to the printer as an organized list.

Any way we can sort by name and date ascending or decending by date?
I noticed date field auto sorts by decending date...
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Sort Callers By name

Post by Bill Root »

Hello Frostye,

In the Callers list, you should be able to sort by Raw Number, Raw Name, First Name, or Last Name by clicking on the respective header. At this time you cannot select multiple callers, or print only the selected callers. Version 2 will include improved sorting, and we plan to support multiple selections. In the meantime, if you require more sorting or printing capabilities, you can export to CSV (using Export on the File menu) and then open it in Excel or another spreadsheet program.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Frostye

Sort feature

Post by Frostye »

Thanks Bill
That will work too.
Frostye

Export Command

Post by Frostye »

Hey Bill,
The export command is not giving me the same information. It provides for a "rawname" and not an assigned name I have given it.
For instance: I have a caller that comes up Unknown name but their number is shown in caller id. I have assigned a name to the number, but when I am trying to do my weekly logs report the raw name does not show the clients real name. I need to be able to print that without going into the logs with a fine tooth comb and change every 5th callers info.
Can you do anything about that?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Export Command

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Frostye,

It sounds like you're talking about exporting the Calls list. The Export Calls command has subtly different output depending on the "Save as type" selected in the "Export Calls List To" window.

CSV Format:

Code: Select all

"TimeStamp","Line","RawName","RawNumber","Rings","New"
"11/08/2004 11:40:35 AM","Zoom External Modem","MOSS,CARRIE-ANNE","6045551010",2,"True"
"11/08/2004 9:11:20 AM","Zoom External Modem","Blocked","Blocked",2,"True"
"11/08/2004 8:43:14 AM","Zoom External Modem","APPLIED,BIOMATH","5165554046",4,"False"
"11/05/2004 8:05:57 PM","Zoom External Modem","MINNESOTA","6515551065",2,"False"
TXT Format:

Code: Select all

Name             Number         Timestamp              Rings New Line
Carrie-Anne Moss (604) 555-1010 11/08/2004 11:40:35 AM 2     Yes Zoom External Modem
Anonymous Caller Blocked        11/08/2004 9:11:20 AM  2     Yes Zoom External Modem
BIOMATH APPLIED  (516) 555-4046 11/08/2004 8:43:14 AM  4     No  Zoom External Modem
MINNESOTA        (651) 555-1065 11/05/2004 8:05:57 PM  2     No  Zoom External Modem
HTML format is similar to the TXT format but it's formatted as a table. (HTML tables don't render here, so I didn't include a sample.)

If you look closely at the samples, you can see that CSV format includes the caller's raw name and number, while the TXT (and HTML) formats use the caller name from the caller's list, and the formatted phone number. The CSV format is intended for backup and transfer to other programs and other machines running Ascendis Caller ID, while the TXT and HTML formats are intended for reporting. It sounds like TXT or HTML may be more appropriate for your uses.

If you need to sort the data in Excel but prefer the HTML contents, export to HTML, open it in your web browser, then copy the table from your browser and paste it into Excel.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software