Call Simulator

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Frostye

Call Simulator

Post by Frostye »

How about a feature to test the modem and ogm?

A popup window box with a telephone keypad for you to "dial" a number - any number and see what the respnse of your modem software will be if that number calls in?

This would need to include the ability of the PhoneSound command to play back in the speakers during this test.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Call Simulator

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Frostye,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think you have a good idea here. I added it to the requested features list.

In the meantime, you can currently test an action using the "Test Action" command available on the right-click menu of any call, caller, or category. The current versions of Ascendis Caller ID do not route the PhoneSound command to the system speakers when testing, but the next beta version will.

To test a phone number that has not yet called, create a caller for the test number, or change the phone number on an existing one (perhaps a "Temp" caller).

Even so, I think your idea is a good one, as it would be much easier to use for arbitrary numbers, and is conceptually simpler.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software