Old Files

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
MMark

Old Files

Post by MMark »

I just finished formating(reformating) my hard drive. I did copy all my data files to a safe place first. And also my Ascendis 1.7.1 folder. How and where do I find my caller ID code? I need to copy it so that I can then paste it into Ascendis 1.8.0.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Old Files

Post by Bill Root »

Hello MMark,

Under Windows XP, your registration file would normally be stored here:
<C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ascendis Software\Caller ID>

Depending on the version, the file name would probably be "License.dat" or "License1.dat". If the file is replaced in this folder, Ascendis Caller ID should recognize it on startup. If the file is somewhere else, you can just drag it onto the main window to complete registration.

Under other versions of Windows the path to the registration file may be different. If you can't find it, let me know which version of Windows you're using. Or send an email to support at ascendis dot com with the name and email address you purchased the product with and we'll send another copy.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software