Unknown caller & unknown number.

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
boot

Unknown caller & unknown number.

Post by boot »

hello.

i am from saudi arabia in madina :) .
i have caller id but i can not see number for caller . :(
i have the seirvce from company telecom but in program not working. :?
u can help me plz . :oops:

saudi arabia code : +966 :!:
madina code : 04 :!:
number phone in madina start form 8xx xxxx. :!:
iam wite to awnser .

thanx 4 good program. :)
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Caller ID in Saudi Arabia

Post by Bill Root »

Hello Boot,

It is my understanding that Saudi Arabia uses DTMF for transmitting caller id over the phone line, and most modems do not support it. Some modems that support DTMF caller id are available, but different countries that use DTMF caller id do it differently. Also, I don't know whether any of these modems include the proper TAPI support (a part of Windows) to work with Ascendis Caller ID.

One company makes a device that is supposed to convert DTMF caller id to FSK (the more common caller id signaling protocol), so that common modems can decode it:
<http://www.artech.com.tw/html/EP200e/ep200e.htm>

I don't have any experience with this device, but if you are able to get one, I will happily give you a free registration for Ascendis Caller ID so you can tell me how it works.

If you already have a modem that supports DTMF in Saudi Arabia, I can try to diagnose the problem if you send a Technical Support Report. First start Ascendis Caller ID. Wait for a call and let the phone ring at least twice. When the call is done, select "Technical Support Report" on the Help menu. Click Copy, and paste it into an email. Send the email to support at ascendis dot com.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software