Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.1.2 now available

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID 2 BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.1.2 now available

Post by Bill Root »

Version 2.0.1.2 includes the following changes from the previous release:

- fixed problem importing XML contacts when same phone numbers were already in the database (symptom: contacts were imported w/o phone numbers)
- when installing over version 1, remove version 1 uninstall entry, desktop icon, and Start Menu items
- fixed potential exception when Windows runs without shutdown for 49.7 days
- fixed potential 'Could not find caller in the contacts list!' message when contact exists

As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.

You can download this version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php
nacogdoches

Start Menu folder disappeared

Post by nacogdoches »

Bill,

Subject says it all. When I installed 2.0.1.2, I definitely asked to have a Start Menu folder called "Ascendis Caller ID", but it is not there. In fact, there is no such folder under "All Users" (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu) nor under my specific username (C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Start Menu).

To be honest, since I have Caller ID start when Windows starts, I don't know if it has ever been there. But I did ask for it, and it's not there now.
Bob
Houston
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Start Menu folder disappeared

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Bob,

Thank you for reporting this. This happens when installing into the same folder as Ascendis Caller ID version 1, and when the user manually changes the name of the Start Menu group to match the default version 1 installation. This has been fixed, and will be included in the next beta release.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software