Sound problem

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
jucaso

Sound problem

Post by jucaso »

Hi Bill,

I changed the server to another computer, and made the old server the client. I've being using the client to handle the voice announcement until today when I decided to let the server handle the voice. I connected the server to the sound amp but I'm not getting sound from CallerID.

I have tested Kate's voice by using the "Preview Voice" under Text to Speech in Windows Speech properties and it works ok, so I know I have sound leaving the pc.
However, sound is dead when using "play a sample" with Kate or any of the other voices available in the Caller ID's Options/Voice.

I've thought of reinstalling but I would rather ask you before doing that.

Thanks in advance.

Juan.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Sound problem

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Juan,
jucaso wrote:I have tested Kate's voice by using the "Preview Voice" under Text to Speech in Windows Speech properties and it works ok, so I know I have sound leaving the pc.
However, sound is dead when using "play a sample" with Kate or any of the other voices available in the Caller ID's Options/Voice.
Have you checked the Sound page of the Options window? If "Disable sound (including speech) in all actions" is checked, this would explain the behavior. Or, the volume settings (on the same page) could be set to "Quiet". If "Use this volume during the specified time" is checked, make sure the "From" and "to" times are correct, and that your system clock is correct.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
jucaso

Post by jucaso »

Bill Root wrote:Hi Juan,
jucaso wrote:I have tested Kate's voice by using the "Preview Voice" under Text to Speech in Windows Speech properties and it works ok, so I know I have sound leaving the pc.
Have you checked the Sound page of the Options window? If "Disable sound (including speech) in all actions" is checked, this would explain the behavior. Or, the volume settings (on the same page) could be set to "Quiet". If "Use this volume during the specified time" is checked, make sure the "From" and "to" times are correct, and that your system clock is correct.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Hi Bill,

Thank you for replying.

I should have mentioned that I had already checked the Sound tab. Everything in that page is unchecked.

Juan.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Juan,
jucaso wrote:I should have mentioned that I had already checked the Sound tab. Everything in that page is unchecked.
As I understand, you have selected various voices in the Speech page of the Options window, and have clicked the Play button with no results.

Are you getting any error messages in the Activity log? Also, what flavor of Windows are you using?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
jucaso

Post by jucaso »

Are you getting any error messages in the Activity log? Also, what flavor of Windows are you using?
Hi Bill,

Don't ask me why or how but it's working now. All I have done is to shut down last night, and boot up today.

Lets hope that it will be ok from now on.

Thanks for all your help.

Juan.