Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.0.4 now available

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID 2 BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.0.4 now available

Post by Bill Root »

Version 2.0.0.4 includes the following changes from the previous beta release:

- fixed potential exception when deleting call, call report, contact, or action items with delete key
- make auto startup work for current user only to avoid fast user switching problems (will not affect users who only use one user account; for others, turn on auto startup for account that is logged in first)
- fixed some problems repairing and restoring modem settings on Windows Vista
- Edit Contact window: trap and report errors when loading jpeg images
- (code) sign application and installer
- don't automatically enable new devices when no longer in trial mode (fixes bug where adding a new TAPI device could disable an enabled Whozz Calling? line)
- position calls list on newest call after getting new calls via polling
- fixed problem polling version 1.x network servers
- when importing contacts from CSV, only warn once about blank phone numbers
- when looking for phone number, check RawNumber column if MatchNumber isn't found (may fix EDBISAMEngineError / DBISAM Engine Error # 9729 reported by a user)

Known Issues:
- most of the help still includes version 1 images and terminology

As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.

You can download this version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php
Last edited by Bill Root on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

An option to "auto-trim" the calls database would be useful - eg by number of days beyond which calls are deleted.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: auto-trim calls

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Graeme,
An option to "auto-trim" the calls database would be useful - eg by number of days beyond which calls are deleted.
Thank you for the suggestion. This feature is already planned and we hope to add it soon.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

HI Bill,

I seem to have the odd problem with callers not being recognised in the call list or notification window.

Their names appear in the contact list, and their calls are matched correctly in the call report. But in the call list the name is missing.

Any ideas?

Graeme
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Graeme,

I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you remember how the contacts were added? Typically they're added by adding a call as a contact, adding a new contact from the Contacts list, or by importing.

You should be able to fix the symptom by repairing the database ("Repair Database" on the "File" menu).

We did recently fix a bug where address information was not properly propagated when adding a phone number in the "Edit Contact" window. This fix will be in version 2.0.0.5. I thought the name was correct in this case, but I may be wrong.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

Bill,

All my contacts are added via importing, and the particular one was added before the call came in. I found it very odd that the call list was missing the name, but the callers list wasn't.

It's not something I noticed in v1 but that's not to say it didn't happen!

I also wondered if it was the sheer size of the database, there are well over 10K calls in it and probably 4-5K caller details?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Graeme,

If you restart Ascendis Caller ID, are the names in the Call list correct?

Does a Repair Database fix the problem?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

I forgot to address these:
It's not something I noticed in v1 but that's not to say it didn't happen!
The database structure is very different in v2 so for this it doesn't matter what happened in v1.
I also wondered if it was the sheer size of the database, there are well over 10K calls in it and probably 4-5K caller details?
That should not be a problem. Database size will affect speed of some operations, like rebuilding a report and searching, but would not cause this problem.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

Hi Bill,

Restarting did not fix it, neither did rebuild call list, however repair database has.

Graeme
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Graeme,

Well, I just uploaded 2.0.0.5, which includes a related fix for importing from CSV (which is what I assumed you were using) and some similar fixes. If it doesn't fix the problem the next time you import, please let me know. Since I was not able to reproduce the problem you described, I'm not sure the fix will do the trick.

If you get a reproducible case with the new version, I'll love to hear the steps required, and maybe get a copy of the CSV file. You can email me directly.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software