Country Specific Display

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Stinky

Country Specific Display

Post by Stinky »

Have a more generic scheme for the displaying of numbers which is not biased to the US (555) 555-5555 format. You should be able to specify which country you are in (or it could pick this up from the current locale). In Australia for example phone numbers have a 2 digit area code followed by 8 numbers. (except for cell phones)

Aussie Land line phone (02) 1234-5678
Aussie Cell phone (04XX) XXX-XXX (dont ask why ... it just is)

You can ask us (the users) to supply country specific numbering schemes for inclusion in the program or may be have a link that you can download the "format.pnf" file for different countries.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Country Specific Phone Formats

Post by Bill Root »

Thank you for the information about Australian phone numbers. I created an Australia phone number format file using the information you provided. If you (or someone else in Australia) can download it and let me know how it works, I would be grateful.

Since the phone number format changed somewhat for the beta, I posted two versions. If you're using 1.6.4.0 or 1.6.5.0 (the only release versions with configurable phone number formats), use this link:
(no longer available)

If you're using the beta version, use this link:
(no longer available)

(You may have to right-click on the above links and select "Save target as..." in order to download the file.)

Once downloaded, save it in an accessible location like the desktop, or perhaps the Ascendis Caller ID program folder. Then start Ascendis Caller ID, open the Options window, click on the "Format" page, and click the Import button. Two new formats should be added, "Aus Cell Phone" and "Aus Land Line". You will have to delete the three US formats, or at least move them below the Aus formats. A bug in 1.6.5.0 prevents you from deleting the first format, so you will have to move one of the Aus formats up before deleting the last US format.

Once that's done, click OK to save your changes and close the Options window. The phone numbers in the calls and callers lists should now be formatted using the new formats. Since I don't have any calls that start with "04" I can't thoroughly test the formats. There may be problems and I will correct them if you let me know what they are.

We already ask for user-supplied formats in the help file, but haven't received any yet. If anyone has any working, localized phone number formats we would be happy to make them available to other users if you send the PNF files to phoneFormats@ascendis.com. Please include the name of the country or region for which the formats apply.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Last edited by Bill Root on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stinky

Aussie forrmatgting works fine

Post by Stinky »

I had my own rules for Aussie numbers, but I have tried yours on the link you gave above and they were the same!, so good job.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Aussie forrmatgting works fine

Post by Bill Root »

Stinky wrote:I had my own rules for Aussie numbers, but I have tried yours on the link you gave above and they were the same!, so good job.
Great! Then we'll start distributing the Australia phone formats file.
OK

Country information

Post by OK »

:roll: Maybe off topic, but does this program work in Denmark?
(is format of caller id the same?)
Thanks
OK
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Country information

Post by Bill Root »

OK wrote::roll: Maybe off topic, but does this program work in Denmark?
(is format of caller id the same?)
Thanks
OK
Ascendis Caller ID should work in Denmark if your modem supports caller id there, but at this time we don't have a Denmark phone number format file so it may not be displayed in the way you're expecting. If you can send an email to support at ascendis dot com we'll work something out to include the proper support.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Shadez

Get the prg working for sweden

Post by Shadez »

I wonder how I can get this to work. The phone id situation in Sweden is as follows:

Area codes can be 2 to 4 digits

and the actuall phonenumber has a range between 5 - 8 digits.

How should I input this to the program so I can get it to work?

Thanks
MEE

Post by MEE »

I use the program in sweden and got it to work.
There are only one number with 2 digits (08) and about 20 with three digits.
I have made rules for all of them like this:
If number starts with 018 then format should be like CAA-AXXXNNNN

I have sent a formatfile with all numbers to Ascendis.
Hopefully they will release it with the next beta.

/Mattias
Bill Root
Site Admin

Phone number formats for Sweden

Post by Bill Root »

Shadez,

Thanks to Mattias, we now include a phone number formats file for Sweden in the installer. This is available now in the beta version, which you can download here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.EXE

Just run the installer and install over your current version. Assuming you've already run Ascendis Caller ID, you will have to manually import the new phone number formats:
1) Open the Options window in Ascendis Caller ID
2) Click the "Format" tab
3) Delete the existing rules by clicking the "Delete" button until they're gone
4) Click the "Import" button
5) Select "Sweden.pnf" and click the "Open" button
6) Click the "OK" button to save the changes and close the Options window

(If you haven't yet run Ascendis Caller ID, it should automatically load the Swedish phone number formats the first time they're needed.)

Once again, thank you Mattias for providing the phone number formats!

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
RichardG

PHONE FORMAT

Post by RichardG »

Is there a format file for the United Kingdom.

RichardG
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: PHONE FORMAT

Post by Bill Root »

RichardG wrote:Is there a format file for the United Kingdom.

RichardG
Yes, there is! It too is currently only available in the beta version. You can download the latest beta version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.EXE

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php