freezeup

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
tbeckman

Hyperterm

Post by tbeckman »

I went home last night after your suggestion of testing with another program. I installed hyperterm and tested and all seemed to work fine. The funny thing is do did the modem all of a sudden. So now it is picking up the calls when the line rings. Wonder if hyperterm needed to be installed on a Win98 or if doing so kicked something in place... very strange... the good thing is it is working. Now I just have to get me Win2000 machine to see my Win98 computer.

Also, I have it setup to display large screen and I noticed the formating of the number is all off. I went to the formating settings and they are the default settings that appear fine. The number looks good in the logs but displays like this ( 34) 34-2312.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Hyperterm

Post by Bill Root »

Glad to hear the modem is working -- maybe the computer just needed another reboot.
tbeckman wrote:I have it setup to display large screen and I noticed the formating of the number is all off. I went to the formating settings and they are the default settings that appear fine. The number looks good in the logs but displays like this ( 34) 34-2312.
The same code is used to format the phone numbers in the call list and the large display screen so it should appear the same in both. What does the number look like in the call list?

What country are you in?

Have you tried deleting all the existing formats and importing the "United States.pnf"? This will reset the formats to the defaults for the US. If you're not in the US then another one might be more appropriate.

If resetting the formats doesn't work, then maybe it's a memory issue. Text is sometimes lost when there isn't enough memory to load a font. However, I would expect the whole number to be missing in this case. How much memory does the Windows 98 machine have?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software