Announcing

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Pauley

Announcing

Post by Pauley »

Is there a way to control how many times Acendis will "speak" the name of who's calling? It continues to say "call from (name of Who's calling) about 4 or 5 times. I'd like it to say it maybe once or twice. I checked the settings, but did not notice anything.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Announcing

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Pauley,

By default Ascendis Caller ID will only speak the caller's name once. If you enable "On each ring" for "Perform Action" on the General page of the Options window, it will speak once each time the phone rings, except the first ring. If you only want to hear the voice once, disable "On each ring". If you want to hear the voice twice, enable "On each ring" and use this advanced script for each caller:

Code: Select all

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Speak the caller's name and number up to two times
//
// This action must be triggered on each ring
//
// 02/19/05 WTR - created
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// LANGUAGE=DWS

if CallInfo.Rings < 3 then
  Speak&#40;'Call from ' + CallInfo.Name + ' at ' + CallInfo.Number&#41;;
You will have to use this script or an adaptation of it for each category or custom caller action you use. If you only use the Default category, then this will be easy.

I realize this is not the ideal solution for most users, so we'll consider adding some sort of general control that would apply to all scripts.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Pauley

Announcments

Post by Pauley »

I checked my settings and where it says "Perform action: I have a check mark placed in "When Caller Info is recieved."

I appreciate the script, but I would even know where to put it.
Pauley

Announcment

Post by Pauley »

I forgot to mention the fact that even after I pick up the phone, it will still make the announcement. Many time I wil be in the same room as the computer, and I'll answer the phone on the second ring. Acendis will continue to make the announcment even after I have answered. I think it is something like 5 times.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Announcment

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Pauley,

After this has happened, and Ascendis Caller ID is still running, could you please send a Technical Support Report? Select Technical Support Report on the Help menu, then click Send. If this doesn't work, click Copy and paste it into an email to support "at" ascendis "dot" com.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Pauley

Announcements

Post by Pauley »

Just sent the report...
Pauley

Post by Pauley »

Hi Bill,

A while back (see below) we had spoke about the (below) problem I was having. You made a suggestion that we do this via remote setup.

I have downloaded the "remote" program as you had suggested and am ready to do this fix, at your convienence.

I'll be home all day today, if thats easy for you.

Thanks!

Pauley wrote:Is there a way to control how many times Acendis will "speak" the name of who's calling? It continues to say "call from (name of Who's calling) about 4 or 5 times. I'd like it to say it maybe once or twice. I checked the settings, but did not notice anything.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Pauley,

Sorry, I was away on Saturday. Would Monday, Tuesday, or another day this week work for you?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software