Series Callers for Category

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Frostye

Series Callers for Category

Post by Frostye »

Okay I have a networked client that can call me from a series of numbers. For instance 212-555-1200 through 212-555-1220. What i would like to have is an ability to go into "Categories" and have the whole series of numbers recognized and get the same outgoing message for office hours and fax numbers available to them at their local office in NY.

Maybe a number field where the area code (212), prefix(555) and the first number is series 1200 and the last number is series 1220 can be encoded and automatically all 21 numbers can get say a NY message category? Maybe even an option button (on off) to select only the entire area code? instead of having to type ever prefix?

What do you think Bill? Doable?

Frosty
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Series Callers for Category

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Frostye,

Version 2 has a mechanism for assigning multiple phone numbers to a single caller, including using wildcards. This will do what you need, when it's available.

In the meantime, create a category for this caller. Then create 20 caller entries (I know, this is a pain, but it's temporary), one with each phone number, and select the new category for each. Make sure the action is set to "Category" for each caller.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Frostye

Series

Post by Frostye »

Good Morning Bill,

It was while I was doing that very thing, I thought of the idea of series or a copying caller info tool and duplicating the callers.

Thanks.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Series

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Frostye,

If we weren't already working on addressing the issue in version 2, I'd be more inclined to implement caller copying. Thank you for sharing the idea, though!

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software