Ascendis Caller ID beta version 1.8.1.7 now available

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Ascendis Caller ID beta version 1.8.1.7 now available

Post by Bill Root »

Version 1.8.1.7 includes the following changes from the last beta release:

- added {LocalNumber} and {RawLocalNumber} macros which return the phone number from exchange to end (that is, not including the area code or country code). These macros are dependent on appropriate phone number formats.
- added macro buttons to Options window for phone number and area code lookup URLs
- added "Send call to network clients" option to calls list context menu if Control key is held down (intended for testing)

As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.

You can download this version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.EXE

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php
MEE

Post by MEE »

Hi Bill!
Can you explain the feature "Send call to network clients" ?
I cant understand what it does and when to use it (probably my bad english :? ).
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Send Call to Network Clients

Post by Bill Root »

Hi MEE,

I apologize for the lack of explanation regarding the new command. It is not in the program help.

What it does: the "Send Call to Network Clients" command sends the selected call to all connected real-time network clients as if it just came in from its source. In other words, it's like a replay function for network clients for a selected call. This only affects real-time network clients, and it's only enabled if "Forward network calls to network clients" is enabled in advanced server options.

When to use it: the command is intended for testing, so you might use it to verify that a network client is configured properly for network access and is connected. You might also use it to make sure a network client is performing the desired action when the selected caller calls. Also, if a network client missed a call for some reason, this is a way to get the call information to the client. If you don't use Ascendis Caller ID's networking feature then it's not going to help at all.

The command is normally hidden (you must hold down the CTRL key while right-clicking on the call) since it's intended for testing.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you'd like clarification on something.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software