Caller Reveal

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Stu

Caller Reveal

Post by Stu »

Hi Bill.

I subscribe to Caller Reveal service from my phone co. If a caller's number is blocked they have to unblock it before the phone co. will allow the call through.

If the caller lets the system unblock their number, it displays a carat in front of the text caller reveal and unblocks their number.

Example: ^Caller Reveal

If the caller enters their own number in, the system lets you know that they entered it in themselves and it is false by displaying a * instead.

Example: *Caller Reveal

According to the phone company, the * indicates that the originating caller id doesn't match what they entered on their keypad. Hence, telemarketers and unwanted calls can sneak in this way... How would I create a rule to hang up on any caller that entered their own number?

Thanks

Stu
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Caller Reveal

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Stu,

At this time, Ascendis Caller ID can't solve this problem. However, the next version of Ascendis Caller ID will be able to handle it. Sorry I can't offer an immediate solution!

One would think the phone company would provide a way to block false caller-provided caller information since the purpose of the service is to block callers with blocked numbers...

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Stu

Caller Reveal

Post by Stu »

You know the phone company...anything for a buck...

I'll look forward to the next version - any idea of a timeline?

Thanks

Stu
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Caller Reveal

Post by Bill Root »

I'm sorry, but we're not giving estimates for the new version...

If you're interested in beta testing 2.0 when it's available, send an email to callerid_2_beta at ascendis dot com and we'll add you to the list.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software