Upgrades

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
JJackson

Upgrades

Post by JJackson »

I purchased Caller ID version 1.5.2.0 and was wondering whether I can upgrade to version 1.6.5.0 without cost?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Upgrades

Post by Bill Root »

Yes you may!

When you buy our products, you may upgrade to any version with the same initial version digit at no cost. Since you purchased 1.5.2.0, you can upgrade to any version starting with a "1.". So, for example, you can use any version that matches 1.x.x.x, where x is any number.

To upgrade, download the latest version from our Caller ID page:
http://www.ascendis.com/callerid/callerid.php
and install over your current version.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
jess

address book

Post by jess »

getting ready to buy if I can find a way to add my address book contents so that the name of the caller comes up when they call.
I have no problem adding one caller at a time after they call
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: address book

Post by Bill Root »

jess wrote:getting ready to buy if I can find a way to add my address book contents so that the name of the caller comes up when they call.
I have no problem adding one caller at a time after they call
You can directly import your address book from ACT!, or import from a CSV (comma-separated-value) file from other programs. Use the Import command on the File menu, and select "Callers". The "ACT!" option will be available in the "Files of type" box only if ACT! is installed.

If you're not using ACT!, look for an Export command in the address book program you're using. For example, in Palm Desktop, you would first display your addresses, then choose File->Export, and select "Comma Separated" for "Export type". It's better to only export the fields needed (phone number, first name, last name) if given an option. Also, the export file needs to have a row at the top with the column names. You can always add this manually after the export using Notepad or Excel.

If you tell us what program you're using for your address book, it will help us decide what programs to support for direct importing in the future.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
http://www.ascendis.com/