Caller ID

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
walter@havekorst.com

Caller ID

Post by walter@havekorst.com »

I have the software installed and it works great except for certain calls. my other caller id equipement from the phone company works great but he software doesn't always pickup. I have noticed the windows terminal repair program that those specific calls comeback as:

NUMBR: 9492268394

Then is comes agan

NUMBR or (NMBR): OUt of Area

What can I do to fix this, the first one is right.

Walter@havekorst.com
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: changing caller id info

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Walter,

If you mean that the NMBR message comes in twice from the modem as seen in HyperTerminal, then the only solutions are probably newer modem drivers or a new modem. However, if you can send a Technical Support Report after the problem happens while Ascendis Caller ID was running, I may be able to make a more definitive diagnosis. To do this, leave Ascendis Caller ID running. After the problem occurs, bring up the Technical Support Report window (Help -> Technical Support Report). Depending on the version you're running, either click the Send button, or click the Copy button and paste the contents into an email to support at ascendis dot com.

I personally experienced some weirdness from a USR internal PCI modem (with hardware controller) where it incorrectly passed "RING" messages when the phone was NOT ringing. (This problem has been reported for at least two other USR internal PCI modems, although I think they were winmodems.) I appear to have fixed the problem by disabling the modem's modem-on-hold feature. (USR provides a "ControlCenter" application to configure the modem.) If your modem has a modem-on-hold (aka MOH) feature, you might try disabling it to see whether it makes a difference. Modem-on-hold requires the modem to look for phone line signals when it wouldn't otherwise, and apparently the USR implementation is flaky. It's possible other manufacturers have similar problems.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software