Blocks of numbers

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
ljackson

Blocks of numbers

Post by ljackson »

Bill,

My wife's employer (hospital) has a block of numbers (AAA) BBB-CXXX. How can I get your software to accept anything in this 999 number range without entering all the acceptable numbers. Unless I grossly missed something in reading all possible entries in the forums, nobody has touched on this subject yet.

Thanks in advance,
Lee
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Blocks of numbers

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Lee,
ljackson wrote:My wife's employer (hospital) has a block of numbers (AAA) BBB-CXXX. How can I get your software to accept anything in this 999 number range without entering all the acceptable numbers.
As I understand your question, you would like to ensure that calls from any phone number from your wife's employer are matched to that contact. Assuming you are using Ascendis Caller ID 2, you can do this using patterns.

First, locate and edit the contact for your wife's employer: on the Contacts page, double-click the contact. (If the contact doesn't exist yet, click the "New Contact" button on the toolbar.) Then do the following:
  • - In the Edit Contact window that appears, click the "Patterns" tab
    - Click the "Add" button in the lower left corner of the Patterns page
    - Disable "Match by name" by clicking the box next to it so that no checkmark appears
    - Enable "Match by phone number" by clicking the box next to it so that a checkmark appears
    - Select "wildcards" in the "Match" box next to "Match by phone number"
    - In the "Number Pattern" box, enter the following:

Code: Select all

AAABBBC___
    where "AAABBBC"represents the constant portion of the hospital's phone number block. "___" is three underscore characters which allow any digit in each position.
    - Click OK to save the changes and close the Edit Contact window.
The next time your wife's employer calls, the phone number should be matched to the contact. The phone number will be assigned to the contact and will subsequently appear on the "Numbers" tab of the contact.

If this doesn't do what you want, or I misunderstood the question, please clarify.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software