date format and location

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
refael

date format and location

Post by refael »

Hi,

First thing first?. We have installed around 3 different caller id software. We could not get them to run on our system (win vista ultimate) . while installing your software we did not have do configure nor adjust anything it just works perfectly. So thank you for that.

I have 2 question hoping to find your answers/support.
We are in Berlin Germany and therefore we need to adjust the date format ?dd/mm/yy ? and of course the rules format (pnf). Is it possible? If yes how can we do it.
The second question is every time someone pick up the phone to dial outside (outgoing call) the software popup? Can we disable outgoing activity calls or maybe just to differentiate them from incoming calls?

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to your reply
Refael
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: date format and location

Post by Bill Root »

Hi refael,
refael wrote:First thing first…. We have installed around 3 different caller id software. We could not get them to run on our system (win vista ultimate) . while installing your software we did not have do configure nor adjust anything it just works perfectly. So thank you for that.
Great, thank you!
We are in Berlin Germany and therefore we need to adjust the date format “dd/mm/yy “
Where is the date not in the desired format? In general, the system date format should be used, at least for displayed dates. However, since most of our testing is with US formats, we may have missed some.
.. and of course the rules format (pnf). Is it possible? If yes how can we do it.
The phone number formats can be changed in the Options window, Format page. They can be a bit complex, so I could create a formats file (pnf) for Germany, if you tell me all the formats used there. I would need sample phone numbers in the desired formats, and a specification of the country code part, area code part, exchange part, and remainder part.
The second question is every time someone pick up the phone to dial outside (outgoing call) the software popup? Can we disable outgoing activity calls or maybe just to differentiate them from incoming calls?
I suspect you're using a modem? Some modems report outgoing calls as incoming calls. In that case, submit a Technical Support Report (on the Help menu) and I'll see whether anything can be done. Sometimes, however, there is no way to tell, because the modem is at fault.

If you're using a Whozz Calling? device (or a well-behaving TAPI device, in theory), you can disable outgoing call monitoring by checking "Ignore outgoing calls" on the Advanced page of the Options window.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
refael

Post by refael »

Dear Bill Root,

Thank you for your quick reply.

in regards to the date format you are right and we fixed it.

In regards to the modem, we use Eumex PC704 DSL (CAPI control) but again, your advice was helpful by checking the "ignore outgoing calls".

All we need to set is the phone format and we are ready to go :-)

I hope to get your reply/support soon. Thanks!

area code berlin:030
example of phone number in berlin:23639103
phone number display should be: (030)23639103

currently showeing:0303023639103

example of mobile number:0160 97960550
phone number display should be: (0160)97960550
currently showing:(01609)-7960550
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: date format and location

Post by Bill Root »

Hi refael,

I'm emailing you a PNF file I created based on your sample phone numbers.

From your samples, it looks like your phone system does not specify the area code for local calls. So, area code 030 is hard-coded for calls with only 8 digits.

If you also get calls from other area codes (other than mobile, which is also in the PNF file), they may not look right, because I don't know how they are received. You also didn't specify any foreign calls (which might be uncommon).

I can make changes to the formats if you get calls that don't look right; just tell me the raw number, and how it should look.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software