Sound feature not working...

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Simon

Sound feature not working...

Post by Simon »

The "use this volume during specified time" does not work for me on a computer running WinMe with an isa soundblaster card...

I set CallerId as a client on this machine and to perform an action on each ring which is to play a wave file (a ring.wav) with the easy action from categories menu.

I also set the sound (from option menu) from "use this volume during specified time" to low, and also tried the lowest setting, between 19H30 and 6h00, but the ring continue to use the default volume of the machine. I tried to enable and also disabled "adjust while playing..." but it does not change anything...

Is it a bug or an incompatibility with the old sound card? (or a network thing?...)

Simon
Simon

Post by Simon »

I forgot to mention that this computer does not have a modem, it is only getting call info from CallerId via the lan.

Simon
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Volume problem

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Simon,

For these tests, please open the Volume Control program. You should be able to do this by double-clicking on the volume control icon (the speaker) in the notification tray. When Ascendis Caller ID changes the volume, you should see the controls move in the Volume Control program.

Please try enabling "Adjust volume while playing sounds and speech" on the Sounds page of the Options window. Set the volume substantially different from the current volume, so you can easily see the change in the Volume Control program. Disable the "Use this volume during the specified time" option. Then, click OK to close the Options window, right-click on a call in the calls list, and choose "Test Action". Does the volume control move in the Volume Control program?

If that works, then Ascendis Caller ID is changing the volume properly, and the problem could have to do with the time interpretation. The version you're using doesn't work when the start time is greater than the stop time. The next beta version will interpret this as meaning the stop time is on the day following the start time. You can wait for the beta or reverse your thinking so that the volume is raised during the day and the fixed volume adjusted is used at night.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Simon

Post by Simon »

I have done the test with volume control and CallerId is changing the volume properly, so it has to do with the interpretation of time and you're right (as usual!) my start time is greater than my stop time (19h30-->6h00, when the children are in bed...)... So I'll wait until the next version.

Thanks a lot!

Simon
Simon

Post by Simon »

Wait, I'm beginning to think... (finished my tax reports last weekend... my brain came back to life...)

A simple workaround right now, set the "adjust volume while playing sound and speech" to very low for bedtime and set "use this volume during specified time" at a higher volume during the day... (from 6h00 to 19h30) since it's interpreted ok.

Simon
Simon

Post by Simon »

Installed the new 1.6.5.23 version and I confirm that the "use this volume during the specified time" is ok with my settings (19h30 to 6h00).

Never seen faster response to a question! (and solution to a minor bug!!)

Simon
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Glad it works for you! Thanks for testing and letting us know.

Bill