Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.1.11 now available

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID 2 BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.1.11 now available

Post by Bill Root »

Version 2.0.1.11 includes the following changes from the previous release:

- added "Ignore outgoing calls" setting on the Advanced page of the Options window
- when dialing from within Ascendis Caller ID, reflect the dialed number in the outgoing call record
- initialize phone location fields from Location list when relevant
- added Locations tab to main window

Location support is fairly significant. No help is available for it yet, so I'll summarize here.

The Location list is checked when a call is detected for which no contact or address information is otherwise available. If the Location list contains the call's area code and prefix, the location information is used. If only the area code matches, it's location information is used. If multiple records match, which would happen if multiple area code entries exist for the same area code with different cities, for example, a "+" is appended to the location information from the first matching record to indicate other possible locations exist.

Ascendis Caller ID does not currently include a location list. You can make one from your existing contacts by right-clicking on the Locations list and choosing "Add Locations From Contacts". Depending on the number of contacts you have and the amount of address information you've added, this could help for most calls.

You can purchase area code and prefix databases from a variety of vendors. If you get one in CSV format you can import it using File -> Import -> Locations. You may have to change some column names in the CSV file.

As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.

You can download this version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php
jpsprouse

Post by jpsprouse »

Reference: Location List

I am using the location list based on past contacts. Got a call (not in my contact list) that matched the zip code but not the prefix. Therefore I got the CITY+ notification which I would expect. I then added the Area Code and Prefix, along with the City and State, to the Location List but I did not make that call a "Contact". Soon afterwards I received a call from that same number and continued to get the CITY+ notification rather that the information I had added to the Location List. Maybe it's because I haven't closed and reopened the program between the calls?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Location List

Post by Bill Root »

This is incorrect behavior. It has been fixed and will be included in the next beta release.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software