Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.1.12 now available

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID 2 BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Ascendis Caller ID beta version 2.0.1.12 now available

Post by Bill Root »

Version 2.0.1.12 includes the following changes from the previous release:

- turned off beta expiration
- when matching TAPI devices to known devices, check TAPI ID and device name first, then device name, then TAPI ID (should improve behavior when an internal device is moved from one card slot to another)
- support ActionTypeName when importing Actions from CSV files
- support importing ActionName, CallsMade, CallsReceived, FirstCalled, LastCalled, RawName in Contacts CSV files
- support exporting Locations files
- prevent duplicate locations

As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.

You can download this version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

Bill,

I'm having an odd problem where the icon is disappearing from the notification tray. This is happening on 2 seperate XP workstations. A reboot brings it back - but then it disappears again.

"Minimise to notification tray" is checked & as far as I'm aware we haven't changed anything since 24/9/07 when we installed this version.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Tray icon disappearing

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Graeme,
GraemeP wrote:I'm having an odd problem where the icon is disappearing from the notification tray. This is happening on 2 seperate XP workstations. A reboot brings it back - but then it disappears again.

"Minimise to notification tray" is checked & as far as I'm aware we haven't changed anything since 24/9/07 when we installed this version.
Is the icon visible if you click the arrow button at the left of the notification tray? If so, then you can right-click the Start button, select Properties, select the Taskbar tab, click the Customize button, find Ascendis Caller ID in the "Current Items" list, click the associated Behavior, and change it to "Always show". Click OK twice to save the changes.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

Bill Root wrote:Hi Graeme,
GraemeP wrote:I'm having an odd problem where the icon is disappearing from the notification tray. This is happening on 2 seperate XP workstations. A reboot brings it back - but then it disappears again.

Is the icon visible if you click the arrow button at the left of the notification tray? If so, then you can right-click the Start button, select Properties, select the Taskbar tab, click the Customize button, find Ascendis Caller ID in the "Current Items" list, click the associated Behavior, and change it to "Always show". Click OK twice to save the changes.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Nope - it's nowhere at all in the tray. The only way to get to it is from the program entry in the start menu. As soon as I close it the icon disappears. If I exit the program and restart, the icon appears again (for a while). I have already set mine to "always display".

It's very odd, we use the icon frequently every day & the problem has only started today. All I can think of is some automatic windows update has affected it - but I don't really have a clue!
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

GraemeP wrote:Nope - it's nowhere at all in the tray. The only way to get to it is from the program entry in the start menu. As soon as I close it the icon disappears. If I exit the program and restart, the icon appears again (for a while). I have already set mine to "always display".

It's very odd, we use the icon frequently every day & the problem has only started today. All I can think of is some automatic windows update has affected it - but I don't really have a clue!
Can you confirm, using Task Manager, that Ascendis Caller ID ("CallerID.exe") is running when the tray icon is missing?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

Typical! It hasn't failed in the last 2 days!

Best to forget it and I'll raise it again if it happens again.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

GraemeP wrote:Best to forget it and I'll raise it again if it happens again.
I can do that! :D

If "Close box minimizes application" is not enabled, then the program can be terminated inadvertently. If you're the one using it, this is probably not the case.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software