Call identification issue

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
jucaso

Call identification issue

Post by jucaso »

Hi Bill,

Some of my incoming calls are being displayed/announced as "Unknown" name and number on your wonderful program. However, they are displayed in my caller id telephone as "Out of Area" and showing the telephone number.

I searched the forum but could not find an answer. Is there a way for the program to display/announce the telephone number rather than "Unknown" on those calls?

As always, thank you for your prompt attention.

Juan.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Call identification issue

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Juan,
jucaso wrote:Some of my incoming calls are being displayed/announced as "Unknown" name and number on your wonderful program. However, they are displayed in my caller id telephone as "Out of Area" and showing the telephone number.

I searched the forum but could not find an answer. Is there a way for the program to display/announce the telephone number rather than "Unknown" on those calls?
I'll need to see a Technical Support Report (on the Ascendis Caller ID Help menu) in order to diagnose this. If you could send one after one of these calls has come in, but before Ascendis Caller ID has terminated, I should be able to see whether the modem is reporting the correct information. (Please use the "Send" button in the Technical Support Report window.)

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software