Repair Modem

Modem compatibility and configuration issues.
Ladygulf

Repair Modem

Post by Ladygulf »

I am using Creative Blaster v.92 which supports Caller ID. When I test uisng HperTerminal the modem reports the information correctly. But when I attempt to use Ascendis Caller Id, no information is shown. When I attempt Repair, the message is:
CTCALL.CETCOMHANDLE: failed while waiting for comm handle ready event.

What can I do?

Post by Guest »

I'm using an actiontec call waiting modem and I'm getting the exact same message.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Repair Modem

Post by Bill Root »

Hello Ladygulf and Guest,
I am using Creative Blaster v.92 which supports Caller ID. When I test uisng HperTerminal the modem reports the information correctly. But when I attempt to use Ascendis Caller Id, no information is shown. When I attempt Repair, the message is:
CTCALL.CETCOMHANDLE: failed while waiting for comm handle ready event.

What can I do?
First make sure you're using Ascendis Caller ID 1.9.0.0 or later. You can download this from
http://www.ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Setup.exe

Then please try bypassing TAPI:
1) Open the Ascendis Caller ID Options
2) Click the "Devices" tab
3) Click the "Modems and TAPI" tab, if not already showing
4) Select your modem
5) Click the Properties button
6) Remove the check mark from "Access though TAPI" by clicking on it
7) Click OK to close the Properties window
8) Click OK to close the Options window and save the changes

When a call comes in, does Ascendis Caller ID now recognize it? If so, you can continue using Ascendis Caller ID in non-TAPI mode if you don't have to share your modem with any other programs. If you use your modem for other things, send a Technical Support Report (Help menu, Technical Support Report) and we'll try to send a registry patch to fix the problem with TAPI (and therefore Ascendis Caller ID) not recognizing the caller information.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software