Version 4 is a major upgrade from the last version 3 release (22.214.171.124). Some major changes include:
- added new version checker -- by default this happens once a week but it can be disabled or configured (Help menu, "Check for Updates")
- added Junk button and context menu items (Calls and Calls Report). These support junking by number and by name when appropriate. To access junking by name from the junk button, right-click it. Note that common CID names like "Out of Area", "Private", etc cannot be junked by name this way.
- added command to restore the initial database (Tools menu)
- added commands to save and load call reports (see Calls Report context menu)
- added "Open call window for each call" notification option
- added command to Calls list context menu (access with right-click on Calls list) to only show new items in the calls list (you can change the "new" status on the same menu)
- Options window, Speech page: added setting for speech audio output device
- added Call Frequency report (on View menu)
- added Test Action button to item toolbar
For a more comprehensive change list, please see
http://ascendis.com/callerid/help/chang ... ersion.php
This is a paid upgrade for some users, and free upgrade for others. For details, please see
The new version is backward compatible with version 3, and it will offer to import version 3 settings and data.
The latest version can be downloaded from:
For more information, please see the Ascendis Caller ID product page: