Add a "Do Not Disturb" Button to the Tool Bar

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Ringokid

Add a "Do Not Disturb" Button to the Tool Bar

Post by Ringokid »

It would be nice to mute Caller ID audio, both speech and ring, through a toolbar toggle button. This would work like Disable Sound under the Options->Sound tab but more conveniently placed. The telephony term is "Do Not Disturb" or DND.

It would also be nice if there was an option to globally disable speech under the Options->Speech tab. This could also be a toggle button on the toolbar so that when you are sitting at the computer, you can avoid listening to the speech, but easily turn it on if you are going to be elsewhere.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Add a "Do Not Disturb" Button to the Tool Bar

Post by Bill Root »

Thank you for the suggestions! They both sound like good ideas, although I'm not sure about the separate toolbar button for toggling speech. Let me think about this a bit.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Add a "Do Not Disturb" Button to the Tool Bar

Post by Bill Root »

I uploaded a new beta version (2.3.0.31) which includes a "mute" button that duplicates the functionality of the "Disable sound (including speech) in all actions" checkbox on the Sound page of the Options window. The beta version announcement page includes a list of changes and a link for downloading:
http://ascendis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1521#1521

I added your request for the ability to separately disable speech to the feature request list. I see that this could help new users who don't want speech but don't know they can change the actions. However, since there are alternate ways of disabling speech, the priority is lower.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC