Match by name

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Bennett

Match by name

Post by Bennett »

I frequently get calls from companies that have a range of numbers but always the same name. In cases like this, it would be much better to match by a name like "XYZ COMPANY" instead entering every possible number.

This would also be a great benefit telemarketing calls that have an unknown range of numbers but always have the same name.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Match by name

Post by Bill Root »

Thank you for your suggestion.

This capability has some subtleties that some users may not grasp. So, I implemented it as a hidden option. Look for it in the next beta.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Match by name

Post by Bill Root »

I just posted a new beta with this feature. You can download it from the beta page:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php

This feature is currently undocumented. To enable it, hold down CONTROL and SHIFT when bringing up the Options window. Go to the General page, Advanced group, and enable "Match caller name". Click OK to save your changes.

When enabled, Ascendis Caller ID will first try to match an incoming call (and calls in the call list) against the caller list by phone number. If no phone number is found, Ascendis Caller ID will look for an exact match by caller name. The easiest way to use this feature is to right-click an existing call and select "Add to Callers". The caller will be matched by phone number if the same phone number is used, otherwise it will match by name if the same name is used.

If you discover any problems or odd behavior, please let me know.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software