Fax

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Pauley

Fax

Post by Pauley »

Hi Bill. I know Ascendis can not handle faxing, but is it possible to have a fax program work side by side with ascendis?

Thanks Bill for your great software and all of the help you have provided in the past.
Paul Bylin
Author of: The Other Casualty Of War
www.TheOtherCasualtyOfWar.com
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Fax

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Pauley,
Pauley wrote:Hi Bill. I know Ascendis can not handle faxing, but is it possible to have a fax program work side by side with ascendis?
Ascendis Caller ID can work with a fax program if you use both in TAPI mode. If I recall correctly, you're using a HiRO modem in direct (TAPI bypass) mode because of some issues with the modem in TAPI mode. We recently released a new beta version that addresses some of those issues, so it should work for you.

I suggest trying the new (2.2.0.13) beta version:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

After installing, enable TAPI mode for your modem:
? Open the Options window
? Click the Devices tab
? Click the "Modems and TAPI" tab
? Select the modem
? Click Properties
? In the Properties window, check "Access through TAPI"
? Click OK to close the Properties window
? Click OK again to close the Options window

We don't test or recommend any fax software for use with Ascendis Caller ID. It's possible that you will need to start the fax program and Ascendis Caller ID in a particular order to get both to work correctly, so if it doesn't work one way, try the other.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software