Update first call

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
nacogdoches

Update first call

Post by nacogdoches »

I don't know if this is a feature request or a bug report.

When I create a contact from a call that isn't the first call from that number (say I wait until I get 2-3 calls from a number to create the contact) and look at the Numbers tab of the contact, I see that the "Last Called" and "Calls Received" fields are correct, but "First Called" is blank. It would be nice if it were updated to reflect the first call from that contact. Those fields are also on the Name tab and show similar behavior there.

Repairing the database does not fill in the "First Called" field either.

I'm using version 2.0.1.12
Bob
Houston
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Update first call

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Bob,

"First Called" is set when a call comes in from a new phone number. It is never updated otherwise, nor is it computed from the current calls. That way you can delete calls but "First Called" still reflects the first time a call was received from the phone number.

I'm guessing that during version 1 database conversion, something went wrong and "First Called" was not set. I added code to the database rebuild function that will update blank "First Called" fields with the date and time of the first call from that number currently in the calls list. If no calls from the number are recorded, it will remain blank.

The change will be in the next beta release. I had hoped to get it out today, but it looks like that won't happen. Look for it next week.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software