Popup Display of incoming Calls and the overlay plane

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Stinky

Popup Display of incoming Calls and the overlay plane

Post by Stinky »

An additional option to display an incoming call like "Messsenger" does when someone logs in. i.e. A small information pane that slides in above the task bar area. This should also be pulled to the top of any graphics "overlay" so when using your PC as a Home Theatre device, an incoming call will overlay the data on top of the movie or TV show you are watching in full screen.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Popup Display of incoming Calls and the overlay plane

Post by Bill Root »

Have you tried the "Show caller information over notification tray" or "Open separate call display window for each call" options? (The second one is only in the beta version.) The first option sounds similar to what you suggest. The second might also suffice, especially with some placement options.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Have you tried the "Show caller information over notification tray"
Yes I have, this method does not "pull to the top" or display over the overlay plane when viewing a full screen application like "Windows Media Player" in full screen mode.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Have you tried the "Open separate call display window for each call"
Yeah this is close, but again, this does not "pull itself to the top" when you are viewing a full screen application using the overlay plane. Also, some control with the font would need to be looked at.

If this application is to be used with a home theatre setup then we need to find a way to do this.

"Bring main window to the top when phone rings" does work but stays in view until the user hides it. Not too good. it needs to "auto hide".

This request is only asked in the hope you can see an opening for caller ID in a home theatre setup. Nothing else in the market can do this.
Last edited by Stinky on Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Popup Display

Post by Bill Root »

Ok, now I understand. I added an option to automatically minimize the app after it pops up when a call comes in. So, you would use "Bring main window to top when phone rings" instead of "Open separate call display window for each call". Look for it in the next beta.