Wishful Thinking

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
greghh

Wishful Thinking

Post by greghh »

If some or all of these options are already in the program, please forgive me. :D

1. Expanded report and sort options.

2. Be able to change background/foreground colors and fonts on the main Caller's screen.

3. More fields when adding new callers to include address info, e-mail info, and miscellanous info.

4. Changing default number of rings (to answer) on the fly.

5. Using Ascendis as a complete answering machine (taking messages, etc) without having to use an external answering machine.

6. A pop-up window option similar to an LCD screen when a calls comes in.

Just wishful thinking...
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Wishful Thinking

Post by Bill Root »

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your suggestions.
1. Expanded report and sort options.
This will be addressed in version 2.
2. Be able to change background/foreground colors and fonts on the main Caller's screen.
This can be done now in the blue-background "display" area by right-clicking on the various items.
3. More fields when adding new callers to include address info, e-mail info, and miscellaneous info.
This will be addressed in version 2.
4. Changing default number of rings (to answer) on the fly.
Interesting idea. This would certainly be handled if we added answering machine functionality.
5. Using Ascendis as a complete answering machine (taking messages, etc) without having to use an external answering machine.
This is not yet in our immediate plans, but I noted your suggestion in our list of requested features.
6. A pop-up window option similar to an LCD screen when a calls comes in.
You might consider playing with the "Large window" activated in the Options window, Notification page. When the window pops up, you can resize it, reposition it, and change the font and colors. If you have an LCD font, you might get it close to what you want.
Just wishful thinking...
We appreciate the ideas!

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
greghh

Post by greghh »

(Greg)
Be able to change background/foreground colors and fonts on the main Caller's screen.

(Bill)
[i]This can be done now in the blue-background "display" area by right-clicking on the various items.[/i]

Actually, I was referring to the whole database list where all the callers are listed.

I'm going to try your other suggestions this evening. Thanks for all your help.

Without a doubt, you provide the greatest support for any program that I have seen yet, and that impresses me. I used a similar program for years, and it was like pulling teeth to get a response from those guys...and fixing bugs was a joke.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Wishful Thinking

Post by Bill Root »

(Greg)
Be able to change background/foreground colors and fonts on the main Caller's screen.

(Bill)
This can be done now in the blue-background "display" area by right-clicking on the various items.

Actually, I was referring to the whole database list where all the callers are listed.
In that case, I'm sorry to say there's no way to do it now. I added your idea to the requested features list.
Without a doubt, you provide the greatest support for any program that I have seen yet, and that impresses me. I used a similar program for years, and it was like pulling teeth to get a response from those guys...and fixing bugs was a joke.
Thanks! :D We try to fix problems as quickly as possible, and add popular or valuable user-requested features when feasible.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software