After I send a customized greeting - Recording Voice Mail

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Frostye

After I send a customized greeting - Recording Voice Mail

Post by Frostye »

Voice mail. If this feature was a part of this software - it would be hands down - THE BEST.

For me to be able to record an individual custom outgoing wave file or use LH Michelle - for friends, family or business reps, for the Caller ID feature to recognize this caller and send out the exact message I want them to hear at that moment? Priceless. In many cases I would have a computerized Secretary, I would just have to dictate each individual message for each caller on my team and be answering the last question they left in an outgoing message... then after a tone, they can leave me a message up to an adjustable amount of time? Fantastic!

Then if only we could have VM boxes for multiple team member to be able to access the system - Another home run.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: After I send a customized greeting - Recording Voice Mai

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Frostye,

Thank you for your suggestion. At this time we don't have plans to add answering machine functionality. However, using the current beta version, you can play customized wave files over the phone depending on the caller. This feature is not well supported in that it's not available in "Easy Actions" nor is it documented in the help, but it is available using Advanced Actions and the PhoneSound command. For more information, please see
http://www.ascendis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Frostye

Gentle nudge in the right direction

Post by Frostye »

Bill,

I'm in the I.T. biz. You've got a great product here. I have been testing it for several days now. I thoroughly enjoy being able to send outgoing messages of whatever type I employ to either a customized list of friends or categorized in a lump sum. I like that... especially when it comes to the unknowns and blocked callers... if the phone rings only once I know my computer is on and it was no one I wanted to talk to.

This is the 3rd such software I have used and tested for my own use. The previous two did not have TAPI support... and the USR modem I had would not work with the last one at all where the Caller ID is concerned. Only the USR software had a VM option - but again Programming the TAPI files for recognizing the CID was a bear.

Yours is the best so far.
I would still strongly encourage you to add the Voice Mail feature. I would pay for the product hands down if it had that feature. I know a lot of business owners and IT Nerds would too... now who is your audience and who is your target market?

Come on, you can have a Worf wav file tell you when there is an incoming message and you can screen your calls with annonymous call rejection wav files... even tell a caller they need to deposit $0.50 if you want to. Sweet!

Put another way, your software already kicks butt... now if it could just take dictation?

Thanks Bill
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Gentle nudge in the right direction

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Frostye,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I'm pleased that you like the program and understand the category concept -- I sometimes think that this may be too involved for some users.

I admit that voicemail functionality would be nice, and we'll seriously consider it for the future. Before that, however, we have committed to some other features that we must add. By incorporating suggestions from users like you and data about perceived complexities and problem areas, we strive to appeal to a broad enough range of home and small business users while maintaining power and features that differentiate us from the competition.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software