Several Suggestions

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Triple7

Several Suggestions

Post by Triple7 »

I have to say, I really like this program. I have a couple of suggestions that I hope you will consider for future versions.

1. A search function. I have over 2,000 calls in my database, and sometimes I needed to search for a particular caller by name. I am not sure if adding this would require a complete database redesign.

2. How about adding a column to the database that lists how many days ago a call came in. Using the Timestamp column and your PC?s internal clock / calendar, you can calculate how many days ago the call was received. I think this feature has practical applications.

3. The ability to highlight a record, right-click and ?Add Note About Call?. In other words, having the ability to make some comments about a particular call. Right-clicking ?Add Note About Call? would bring up a small text box where the user could make some notes about that call. I am not sure if adding this would require a complete database redesign, too.

Thanks for taking the time to review these suggestions. Keep up the good work!

Triple7
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Several Suggestions

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Triple7,

Thank you for sharing your ideas. They are all good! No one has ever mentioned #2, but I think it could be very handy. #3 is planned for a future version. #1 is planned in one form or another -- we may implement it as a filter, and see how that goes.

I added #2 to our internal "Feature Requests" list, and added your votes for #1 and #3.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software