Server Only Data

Use this forum to request and discuss features you would like to see added to Ascendis Caller ID.
Stinky

Server Only Data

Post by Stinky »

Bill

I need the ability to only get caller ID data from the server. In otherwords, any data which is in the local address book of a client is ignored. I need this because the way it works now is if the caller information exists in the address book this data is used. This means that if the data in the server is changed (like a name chnage) it is not refected in the clients until it is deleted in the clients address book. Have I explained my self enough?

Possible solutions are:

1) an option to make a network client "dumb" and only get data from the server.
2) an option for the client so callers are never automatically entered in to the local address book so this will force the clients to use the data from the server.
3) the ability to use the address book on the server the client is connected to.

[Steve]
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Server Only Data

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Steve,

This is something we want to do and need to do. In the current version however, the only (new) info we get from the server is the first and last name of the caller. Because of this, we don't think it'll be especially helpful until 2.0...

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software