- added '4' to desktop icon name
- hide strikeout and underline effects controls in the html notification window font window
- hide font size controls in the large/adjustable notification window font window
- default to bold fonts for large/adjustable and HTML notification windows
- Options window: hide color controls in font window
- notification windows: when changing transparency, limit it to avoid user not being able to see the window
- when running trial version with a sufficiently newer version, reset trial period
- HTML notification window: enabled "Standard Layouts" and "Custom Layouts" the first time the context menu is displayed
This version can coexist with version 3, with the following caveats:
We don't recommend running Ascendis Caller ID version 3 and version 4 at the same time. Besides the obvious confusion, in many cases only one program can access the modem or Whozz Calling? device at once.
If you later decide to uninstall Ascendis Caller ID version 3, don't delete the data. You will be prompted during uninstall whether to keep or delete the data. If you delete the data, it will delete the data for all versions of Ascendis Caller ID. This does not happen with the version 4 uninstaller, but it's better to be safe and never delete the data, or back it up first. The data is normally stored in C:\ProgramData\Ascendis Software\Ascendis Caller ID.
In spite of the caveats, it makes sense to keep version 3 around while trying out version 4, but you probably won't be able to run both of them at the same time. The version 4 installer disables version 3 autolaunch.
Version 4 will offer to copy the data and settings from version 3 when first launched, if version 3 is installed.
As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.
You can download this version here:
The beta page is available here: