This version can coexist with version 3, with the following caveats:
- We don't recommend running Ascendis Caller ID version 3 and version 4 at the same time. Besides the obvious confusion, in many cases only one program can access the modem or Whozz Calling? device at once.
- If you later decide to uninstall Ascendis Caller ID version 3, don't delete the data. You will be prompted during uninstall whether to keep or delete the data. If you delete the data, it will delete the data for all versions of Ascendis Caller ID. This does not happen with the version 4 uninstaller, but it's better to be safe and never delete the data, or back it up first. The data is normally stored in C:\ProgramData\Ascendis Software\Ascendis Caller ID.
Version 4 will offer to copy the data and settings from version 3 when first launched, if version 3 is installed.
Version 220.127.116.11 includes the following changes from the previous (last version 3) beta release:
- uninstaller: delete specific version's registry data (when told to delete all data)
- uninstaller: only delete specific version's data folder (when told to delete all data)
- added 'Company' column for calls and contacts to web pages
- added 'ActionName' to CallInfo for advanced actions
- Calls Report: added commands to save and load call reports to the context menu
- Calls Report: make predefined date ranges relative to the current date (use "Custom" to select absolute dates)
- added "Open call window for each call" notification option
You can download this version here:
The beta page is available here: