Ascendis Caller ID beta version 3.0.0.37 now available

Discussion of Ascendis Caller ID 3 BETA VERSION software only! This includes problem reports and general questions on the operation of new features of the BETA software.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Ascendis Caller ID beta version 3.0.0.37 now available

Post by Bill Root »

Version 3.0.0.37 includes the following changes from the previous release:

- added duplicate calls report (accessible by View->Duplicate Calls, or by right-clicking on Calls grid and selecting "Delete Duplicate Calls...")
- added fake outgoing call command
- made fake Out-of-Area calls incoming
- fixed licensing problem with composite devices where a component device might be disabled
- attempted fix for problem downloading Whozz Calling? calls one customer saw

As always, bug reports and feedback are appreciated.

You can download this version here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

The beta page is available here:
http://ascendis.com/callerid/beta.php
ATCtech

Two entries per incoming call

Post by ATCtech »

Hi Bill,

I installed beta .37 over top of .36 and immediately noted that every incoming call is being logged twice. If I watch the notification box pop open when the phone rings I see it happening, a very brief display of the call, a split-second blank of the data, then the same data is displayed again. The call log shows Composite Device #1 and the USB modem that forms part of the composite device (with my Whozz Calling box) receiving the call, rather than just Composite Device #1.

I did nothing other than install the new over the old and this started happening, so I did exactly the opposite and reinstalled .36 over .37 and the problem stopped.

Is there a setting in beta .37 that I missed to disable the modem from participating in receiving calls or have I stumbled onto something new?

Cheers!

Bob
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Two entries per incoming call

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Bob,

Thank you for trying the new beta and for the feedback.

I don't know what's causing the strange behavior on your system. We made some changes to licensing calculations on composite devices to fix a problem preventing proper use of composites, and it's possible this is causing unintended behavior. If you have time to submit a Technical Support Report (with version .36 or version .37) I'll see if I can figure out what might be happening.

To be clear, are you stating that two calls appeared in the calls log while you were running version .37?

Also, how many modems are installed in your computer, and what devices make up the composite device(s)?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
ATCtech

Post by ATCtech »

I'll submit a technical report in the next few days Bill. In the meantime, the devices here are the same IP-connected Whozz Calling POS box and a single Zoom 3095 USB modem that I've been using since I first tested composite configurations with you 5 years ago, on the same Windows 7 PC as a matter of fact.

With beta .37 installed, an incoming call was producing 2 sequential entries in the call log with identical time stamps, one showing it was received by the Whozz Calling device, the other by the USB modem. With beta .36 and all previous to it, a call would produce only one call log entry and show it was received by Composite Device #1.

I haven't tried re-creating the composite device in beta .37, maybe that's going to be required since the software changes you've made.

Bob
ATCtech

Post by ATCtech »

Disregard this one Bill, I reinstalled beta .37 tonight and it's working normally without me doing anything different. I'll keep an eye on it and if that changes I'll let you know.

Cheers and best of the season!

Bob
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Bob, thank you for your efforts, and Happy Holidays!

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC