Problem with date format.

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
samsungpower

Problem with date format.

Post by samsungpower »

Bill, with our ambulance computer we are seeing this message boxes popup when ascendis starts.
(Repeat(s) of previous message suppressed)
Could not set "LastGotCID" to "1899-12-30T03.30.00Z": Cannot convert RFC3339 date "1899-12-30T03.30.00Z" near "03.30.00Z" (03.30.00Z' is not a valid integer value) (s)
So would it be one of my calls in the database need to be deleted. The problem started when we change the date and time format from MM/dd/yyyy H:mm:ss to MM-dd-yyyy H.mm.ss . and if I switch it back the error message goes away. I did try fixing the problem by clicking repair database but the error still shows up. The Firefighters computer has the same date/time format and we don't see any popup messages with it. Both computers has the same OS so the only thing is different I think would be the call history any thoughts what direction I should look into?
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

Bill, actually we're going to update to a newer computer so the problem may just disappear. We would like to buy one additional phone license for our ambulance system, do you have all the information you need and do you send a link thru email for payment request or ... ?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Problem with date format.

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Richard,

Deleting a call won't help. This looks like a bug in Ascendis Caller ID, but I can't find it -- the relevant code looks right and passes tests. Are you running the same version on both computers? This might be a bug that was already fixed.

If you're running the same version of Ascendis Caller ID on the computer with the error message and the one that's working, can you please send a Technical Support Report (on the Help menu) from the computer reporting the error?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

samsungpower wrote:We would like to buy one additional phone license for our ambulance system, do you have all the information you need and do you send a link thru email for payment request or ... ?
It will be easiest for you to add the phone line when you move to the new system, since otherwise you would need to uninstall Ascendis Caller ID and reinstall. I recommend installing the latest trial version on the new computer and copying your database and settings from the old one. Once it's working, you can activate on the new computer with a new license.

When you're ready to purchase the upgrade, please submit a support request at
http://ascendis.com/callerid/support_form.php
so we can send you a private order link.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC