History Log problems

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
redimix

History Log problems

Post by redimix »

Somewhere along the way I have checked or unchecked something to cause the following problem and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I have done.
John Smith calls for the very first time on March 1 and his call shows up correctly by date number and time and is reflected correctly in the call log history. On say March 5 he calls again and the popup window correctly shows his information, however in the log screen while he is on the phone it highlights the line created on his first call of March 1, but does not create a new entry to reflect or log his call on March 5.
Now the problem for me is seeing who has called by looking at the history, if a new customer has called I see the correct info on the log page, however if it is a repeat customer I have no way of knowing because it did not enter anything in the log history.
Hope this is making sense!
Did not do this in the past so I have got something checked or changed somewhere.
I thought it might be the old PC so I did a complete reinstall on a new windows 10 PC only to find the same problem.
Any ideas?
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: History Log problems

Post by Bill Root »

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this, but first I need more information:

1) Is the problem reproducible?

2) Which version of Ascendis Caller ID are you using? (Help menu, About box)

3) Are you using a Whozz Calling? device or a modem? (We had a somewhat related issue with Whozz Calling? devices and outgoing calls that was fixed in version 3.1.0.5.)

4) If you now scroll through the calls list does the call from March 5 appear now?

5) Did you knowingly change an action to make it delete the call?

6) Have you restarted your computer since the problem last occurred?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
redimix

log problems

Post by redimix »

1:Is the problem reproducible?
Yes it is continuous

2:Which version of Ascendis Caller ID are you using?
Ascendis Caller ID 3.1.0.0

3:Are you using a Whozz Calling?
Yes, two 4 line units by Ethernet connection, total of six phone lines in use. Or to say with the two units I have 8 lines, using 6 of the 8 available ports.

4:If you now scroll through the calls list does the call from March 5 appear now?
NO, should that number call again it will highlight the original March 1 line

5:Did you knowingly change an action to make it delete the call?
NO, however I did delete all the calls from the log, same problem as described above once the calls came in a second time.

6:Have you restarted your computer since the problem last occurred?
Yes, I have moved the server program to a new windows 10, I have now moved it once again to an older window 7, Problem is still present on both the server and the client PC it broadcast to.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: log problems

Post by Bill Root »

Just to exclude the obvious: is the date on your computer correct? Also, is the date in the caller ID messages from the Whozz Calling? device correct? (You can check the latter in the Line Monitor (Help menu -> Diagnostics -> Line Monitor), or send a Technical Support Report (also on the Help menu).)

Can you please try the current beta version? You can download it from
http://ascendis.com/callerid/CallerID_Beta_Setup.exe

Then, please backup the database (File menu -> Backup Database).
After that, please repair the database (File menu -> Repair Database).

Also, for completeness I should ask that you are looking at the Calls list and not the Calls Report?

If those ideas don't help, I think I'll need to see a Technical Support Report after one of the problem calls comes in, and/or a copy of the database and/or a remote session. This may be a unique problem.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC