No history log been stored

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
samsungpower

No history log been stored

Post by samsungpower »

Bill, we are experiencing problem with the program not saving or logging the incoming calls. The system recognizes the callers information, display on the monitor and also advanced scripts work and sends out texts to out to our staff members but doesn't log the caller info in the main windows under the tab Calls field and also doesn't show up on the online web version either. Our last log file was 2/10/2016 and we are useing version 3.0.0.0 any thoughts
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: No history log been stored

Post by Bill Root »

Hi samsungpower,

First, make sure the data drive has free disk space. The data drive is normally the boot drive, and can be verified in the About box (Help menu -> About Ascendis Caller ID) by right-clicking on the "Ascendis Software" text at the bottom of the window and choosing "Open Data Folder").

If there's plenty of free disk space (> 1GB should be safe), please send a Technical Support Report (on the Help menu) so I can see any error messages. If you don't want to send it unless we have no other options, at least save one now before we lose the information it contains.

Then, try exiting Ascendis Caller ID (File -> Exit) and restarting it. If the calls are still missing, my best guess is that the database is corrupt, in which case I recommend the following:
  • Backup the database (File -> Backup Database)
    Repair the database (File -> Repair Database)
(Note that repairing the database may not restore the missing calls. If the database was corrupt, the new calls might not have made it into the database. This seems unlikely given that the calls displayed and the scripts worked, but it's conceivable.)

If that doesn't solve the problem but the Repair Database command found problems, your best bet is probably to restore a backup. By default, Ascendis Caller ID makes backups each day. The location of the backups is specified in the "Auto Backup" window accessed by File -> Auto Backup Database.

If there's plenty of disk space and no problems were found in the database, then I'll need more information to diagnose the problem. Hopefully the Technical Support Report will help.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

Bill,
Drive disk free space 124 GB, exit and restart, send you the Technical Support Report, backup database no errors, repair database no errors but still same results incoming call not being saved or log. We were in the starting process of replace this old computer but was hoping it would last 2 -3 more months.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

I haven't received your Technical Support Report. Did you notice any problems sending it?
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

Resent report again ,
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

I apologize -- I discovered a problem submitting Technical Support Reports because of some recent web changes. (Although when I tested I was given the option of sending the report through email.)

Can you please try again?
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

Resent no problem.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately it didn't include any relevant error messages. When the problem happens again can you send another report? If the problem happens when you call the monitored phone line(s) with another phone, you should be able to trigger it right away.

I suppose I should ask whether you made any changes to the Ascendis Caller ID configuration recently. It's possible to delete a call from an action, which would cause the behavior you reported.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

I reponded to your email you sent me. We have number of calls from the date when it stop working. The only thing I can thing of we added a web page link in our pushover script. It fires on ring action and we thought of that so we delete our changes to bring it back to original and that did fix the problem and so we put the ring action to do nothing restarted the pc and still having the same problem.
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

Forgot to mention with or without the web link in the pushover script, this script has not been causing any problems. We always been receive Notification thru that service.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

The only thing I can thing of we added a web page link in our pushover script. It fires on ring action and we thought of that so we delete our changes to bring it back to original and that did fix the problem and so we put the ring action to do nothing restarted the pc and still having the same problem.
So the problem went away when you changed the ring action? But it came back when you changed the ring action to "Do Nothing"?
samsungpower

Post by samsungpower »

So the problem went away when you changed the ring action? But it came back when you changed the ring action to "Do Nothing"?
Just to clarify for other users it was a typo error "the problem DIDN'T go away"

The problem is fix now, this is embarrassing :oops: . The pc time and date got change to a month earlier so the program would a knowledge a call was received but would not log into history log file because the last entry was later then the pc time and date. The computer is really only used to run this program but I went onto the web, google display a error message instructed me of this problem.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Thank you for sharing your solution!

I'm happy you fixed the problem, and sorry I didn't think of this. You said when a call came in an older call was highlighted in the Calls list -- this was presumably the actual call, but since the date was wrong, it appeared lower in the list than expected, and with the wrong date, of course.

Windows should be updating the time from the internet periodically, but sometimes the configured time server stops working. Also, I think Microsoft has been extending the window between time updates.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC