Whozz Calling - Anonymous Caller / Out of Area mixup

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
deb7890

Whozz Calling - Anonymous Caller / Out of Area mixup

Post by deb7890 »

Hi Bill,

On my Ascendis 2.1.0.10 with Whozz Calling 2, sometimes calls that are actually Out of Area (as shown on standalone CID boxes) are misidentified in Ascendis as Anonymous Caller. The reverse is never the case.

How can I troubleshoot this or what information can I provide you that would help in troubleshooting?

I've had the Whozz Calling 2 working with Ascendis for about a month. Before that, I used Ascendis with modems for about a year and never had this particular issue, so I have a feeling it has something to do with the way Ascendis interacts with the Whozz Calling device

Thanks for your help.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Whozz Calling - Anonymous Caller / Out of Area mixup

Post by Bill Root »

Hi deb7890,

I think the best thing to do is to send a Technical Support Report (on the Help menu). Wait until one of the problematic calls has completed, and send the report before Ascendis Caller ID is restarted.

This should let me see whether the Whozz Calling? unit is sending the expected caller information, and we can work from there. We're not aware of any problems in this area, but I can think of a few possible causes.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
deb7890

Post by deb7890 »

Hi Bill.
I have now upgraded to 2.1.0.17.
The error happened again. Report sent.
Thanks for your help.
Deb
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Whozz Calling - Anonymous Caller / Out of Area mixup

Post by Bill Root »

For those following along, we received the report and determined that Ascendis Caller ID was reporting the data received from the Whozz Calling? device correctly. It looks like one of the devices is reporting the call information incorrectly. We're hoping that more information will determine which device is wrong.