Automate Notes Popup

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Rodh

Automate Notes Popup

Post by Rodh »

I do tech support in a home office and answer calls all day long. I have 2 lines and the Whozz Calling 2 unit. Your program is perfect for my job. I used to go thru 25-30 steno pads a year. Now my question.

Is there a script I could use to cause the "Edit Call Notes" dialog to open if the caller is known or the "Edit Contact" dialog to open if the caller is not? It would help to automate the process of documenting call information.

Again. Great program!
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Automate Notes Popup

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Rodh,

Thank you for your support!
Rodh wrote:Is there a script I could use to cause the "Edit Call Notes" dialog to open if the caller is known or the "Edit Contact" dialog to open if the caller is not?
At this time, I'm afraid not. But I think the idea is good.

Did you mean to say you want Ascendis Caller ID to open the "Edit Contact" window when the caller is already in the contact list, or when the caller is NOT in the contact list? In the latter case no contact exists yet to edit, but you might expect it to be added automatically (as happens when the "Open contact window for each call" option is enabled in the Notification page of the Options window).

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software